Delhi University offers courses in music but does not offer any course for dancing which is discriminatory, argued a student seeking admission in DU.
- In a recent development, The Delhi High Court on Tuesday refused to entertain a plea, seeking directions to the Centre and DU to introduce in the university courses and further studies in the subject of dance.
- A bench chaired by Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice Prateek Jalan said it cannot issue any such direction as it cannot tell a university which courses it should teach.
- The court also said that starting any new course is a long and detailed process that involves the drafting of the syllabus, engagement of faculty, and various other steps which a varsity is best qualified to decide and the court should not be interfering with it.
- The bench further said that there must be institutions in the country which teach dance courses and the petitioner should go there.
- The petitioner was of the view that since Delhi University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in vocal music and instrumental music, there should also be courses related to dance at Delhi University. The petitioner contended that not teaching dance at the university amounts to discrimination against students who majored in dance in school.
The Complete Digital Marketing and Money Making Course 2020
We Truly believe in ‘Learning by Doing’. Therefore, when you are down with the course every Concept you learn will be applied to your ‘Online Journey’.
Therefore without any second thought start your online Journey with CrayDesi Academy and learn the Proven System that will help Making Money Online.
Course Highlights –
- The Most Affordable Online Course on Digital Marketing and Money Making.
- Access to over 20 E-Books for FREE.
- Get Access to 10 Softwares for FREE.
- Gain knowledge from over 80 Blog Posts for FREE.
- Guaranteed Paid Internships.
- Get a Certificate of Completion from CrayDesi.
- Lectures taught by Industry Experts.
- and Much more!
Follow CrayDesi on